lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <feder...@fissore.org>
Subject Re: Can I use Lucene to solve this problem?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:55:27 GMT
Josh Rehman, il 17/08/2011 05:03, ha scritto:
> My organization is looking to solve a difficult problem, and I believe that
> Lucene is a close fit (although perhaps it is not). However I'm not sure
> exactly how to approach this problem.

[...]

maybe using semantic vectors? [0]

we've played around it for a while but never had the time to put it in
production: basically you search the vector index for each of your
sentences and get back a set of vectors (the noun phrases). the hard
part imho is understanding (if exists) a threshold to say, i.e., that
(1,1) are too distant while (1,3) are close enough

fede

[0] https://code.google.com/p/semanticvectors/