lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: SSD Experience
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:00:36 GMT
On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 18:49 +0200, Rich Cariens wrote:
> Does anyone have any experiences or stories they can share about how SSDs
> impacted search performance for better or worse?

Our measurements are getting old, but since spinning disks hasn't
improved and SSDs has improved substantially since then, the conclusion
should be about the same: Buy SSDs. They offer performance rivaling RAM
with the obvious advantages of being persistent in case of power loss.

Details at http://wiki.statsbiblioteket.dk/summa/Hardware

Just be sure that IO really is your bottleneck before you improve on
that part.