lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From srinu.he...@gmail.com
Subject Issue with StandardAnalyzer which splits single word with _(Lucene Version: 3.0)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 05:47:08 GMT
Hello All,
           I observed  some unexpected behavior using StandardAnalyzer to parse the query.
Here is the demonstration.

I am passing the query as (key:xyz_abc) && (text:blabla)

Expecting the parsed query to be +key:xyz_abc +text:blabla

Actual Result is +key:"xyz abc" +text:blabla

As per my understanding StandardAnalyzer splits the word boundaries into multiple words but
the above word xyz_abc is a single word. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I also observed if number is there after underscore the parsed query is as expected. i.e

If i give the query as (key:xyz_1abc) && (text:blabla) the parsed query is +key:xyz_1abc
+text:blabla

This is the behavior i am expecting.

Please help.

Thanks,