lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search within a sentence (revisited)
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 01:22:00 GMT

On Jul 20, 2011, at 7:44 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Peter Keegan wrote:
>
>> Mark Miller's 'SpanWithinQuery' patch
>> seems to have the same issue.
>
> If I remember right (It's been more the a couple years), I did index the sentence markers
at the same position as the last word in the sentence. And I think the limitation that I ate
was that the word could belong to both it's true sentence, and the one after it.

> - Mark Miller
> lucidimagination.com

Perhaps you could index the sentence marker at both the last word of the sentence as well
as the first word of the next sentence if there is one. This would seem to solve the above
limitation as well?

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com