lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug in v3.3.0? - IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory@
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 03:08:51 GMT
Hi, this isn't a bug, its a documented change in behavior in the 3.1
CHANGES.txt notes:

* LUCENE-2386: IndexWriter no longer performs an empty commit upon new index
  creation. Previously, if you passed an empty Directory and set OpenMode to
  CREATE*, IndexWriter would make a first empty commit. If you need that
  behavior you can call writer.commit()/close() immediately after you create it.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_3_1/lucene/CHANGES.txt