lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deleting 8,000,000 indexes takes forever!!!! any solution to this...
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:11:43 GMT
Hi Dean

Could you share a little more information about those indexes (and your
problem in general), such as:
* Is there one index, or 8M indexes?
* How many files do those indexes contain? Do you use compound file format?
* What is the command/API you use to delete the indexes?
* Lucene version, IndexWriter settings etc.

Shai