lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Elaine Li <elaine.bing...@gmail.com>
Subject remove queryNorm only for boosted score
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:23:18 GMT
Hi,

I have a same question to this one which was filed long time ago( 1969?:) ).

: Is it possible to remove the QueryNorm??
: so all the bf boost became an add of the solr score??

http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/d5605388d7fa38be/querynorm_and_fieldnorm

I asked it on the solr-user mailing list and no reply. I guess the only way
to do it is to override the lucene's Similarity class?
I just downloaded the source code of lucene and hopped around. It is not
easy to figure out what method in what class to make this seemingly
straightforward change.
I have not written any plugin before. Any tutorial on the how to create a
lucene plugin?
Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Elaine