lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SweetSpotSimilarity
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 07:52:23 GMT
Have you tried query time boosting of title queries? title:lucene^4
content:lucene.  Might be easier than fiddling with sweetspot
arguments, although I see from the javadocs that "A per field min/max
can be specified if different fields have different sweet spots".  Not
sure if that is relevant to you or not.

--
Ian.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Tajti Ákos <akos.tajti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> in our application there are many long documents that we index. Previously we had a problem
with lucene's scoring: some documents got low scores because their lengths. Then we started
to use SweetSpotSimilarity and it seemed to solve the problem. But now we face an other difficulty:
it's hard to set the correct parameters for SweetSpotSimilarity. For example we want the title
of a page to always have the highest boost than its content no matter how long it is.