lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aradon Strider <ara...@gmail.com>
Subject # as a special character?
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:19:40 GMT
Hello,

  First off I am using the QueryParser with the standardanalyzer.  It
seems that whenever I search for the # symbol, nothing is found.  This
wouldn't be a problem but the documents I am searching have C# used
and needing to be searched for.

  I have tried escaping the # symbol but when I do escape it I just
get the following after calling parse from queryparser using "C#":
Text:c

  This is the same as searching just C.  Now I know that the toString
can't be relied upon for special characters (C++ escaped correctly is
shown as Text:c), but I know c++ works since it only returns those
hits involved with c++ and not just the letter c (like c# is)

Any help would be appreciated!