lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jagdish Vasani <JVas...@capitalnovus.com>
Subject RE: Store the documents content in the index
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:48:53 GMT
Yes..you can Store Text file content by saying that field store-Field.Store.YES.same time you
can also index it by saying Field.Index.ANALYZED as another parameter of Field class contructor.

Thanks,
Jagdish

-----Original Message-----
From: starz10de [mailto:farag_ahmed@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:10 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Store the documents content in the index

HI,

Currently my text source files (800 000) are stored in folder which make
retrieving it by many users some how slow. I heard it might be possible that
these files content can be stored in the index it self although I found this
unrealistic.

Is it possible storing the source text files content in the index instead of
just “doc id” which is assigned with each term in the index?