lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Jason T" <>
Subject Searching for Empty Field
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:02:50 GMT
Hi all,

I read postings about searching for empty field with but did not find any cases of successful
search using query language syntax itself(-myField:[* TO *] for example). I  saw that other
techniques like using a filter were used to get around this syntax string limitation.   Given
that the latest postings on this topic were a few years old, I am wondering  if there have
been any changes in Lucene query syntax to support searching for empty fields.   Has anyone
been successfully searched for empty fields with recent Lucene releases?