lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Jason T" <Trieu.Ja...@con-way.com>
Subject Searching for Empty Field
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:02:50 GMT
Hi all,

I read postings about searching for empty field with but did not find any cases of successful
search using query language syntax itself(-myField:[* TO *] for example). I  saw that other
techniques like using a filter were used to get around this syntax string limitation.   Given
that the latest postings on this topic were a few years old, I am wondering  if there have
been any changes in Lucene query syntax to support searching for empty fields.   Has anyone
been successfully searched for empty fields with recent Lucene releases?

Thanks

Jason