lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Does change to ICU in Lucene/Solr 3.3 require re-indexing?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:08:30 GMT
We are about to upgrade to Solr/Lucene 3.3 from a 3.1dev version (Lucene Implementation Version:
3.1-SNAPSHOT 1036094 - 2010-11-19 16:01:10)

We have a 6 TB + index that includes somewhere over 200 languages that was indexed with the
ICUTokenizer and ICUFoldingFilter from  3.1dev and would like to avoid re-indexing if possible.

LUCENE-3149<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3149>: Upgrade contrib/icu's
ICU jar file to ICU 4.8.
I couldn't tell from looking at the release notes from ICU 4.8 whether the changes affected
internal API's or actual rules for tokenizing or folding

Do the changes to the ICU filters/tokenizers in Solr/Lucene 3.3 change how tokenizing and
the folding filter work in terms of queries run through the 3.3 filters possibly not matching
documents indexed with the 3.1dev filters?

Tom Burton-West