lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Rothhaar" <mat...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: WELCOME to java-user@lucene.apache.org
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 12:38:39 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a pretty generic question about token filters, and I am not really sure whether it
is a developer or a configuration question:

How exactly do I make lucene map letters to each other, e.g. make it treat both 'a' and 'á'
as one and the same letter, or both '写' and '寫' one and the same character? I am sure
this question has appeared before and there are sample implementations or sample configuration
files out there, but I could not find them on my own.

I only need to map single letters (i.e. no 'oe' <=> 'ö'), but in a multi-byte charset.
I have some modest experience in programming in java, but am far from being a guru.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jan