lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject deleting 8,000,000 indexes takes forever!!!! any solution to this...
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:50:40 GMT
We are using a sort of nosql environment and deleting 200 gig on one machine from the database
is fast, but then we go and delete 5 gigs of indexes that were created and it takes forever!!!!

Is there any option in lucene to make it so it uses LARGER files and less count of files so
it is easier to maintain and wipe out an index much faster?

Thanks,
Dean

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.