lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Coloring search results based on score?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:21:27 GMT
See Highlighter's GradientFormatter

Cheers
Mark

On 16 Jun 2011, at 22:01, Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Interesting question: is it possible to color search results in a web-page based on their
score? e.g. most relevant results in green, and then different shades through orange, yellow,
red and then white.

> Theoretically, one could take the highest score and color based on proximity / distribution,
but the highest score can be invalid in itself.

> I could bring in a hardcoded cutoff point, where results are not considered relevant
and not color any results if the highest score doesn't go above that threshold (e.g. score
= 1.0), but then again - complex queries can yield relevant results with low scores.