lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Danny Lade <dannyl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: question about wildcards
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:28:16 GMT
IMO, a "reversed word Index" does not work in this case, because he's looking for a word in
the middle (See curi*).

Another idea is to build word chunks and save them in a second index plus docID of the first

e.g. security go to "security ecurity curity ... ity"

This is much faster to search (just "curi*") but getting much bigger in index size. So it
depends what is needed ...

Greetings Danny

Am 21.06.2011 um 19:43 schrieb "Hiller, Dean  x66079" <dean.hiller@broadridge.com>:

> I wonder if you would be better off creating a second index with the words reversed.....depends
on your application profile I guess and what you want, but an additional index may not be
too bad in some cases to speed up the search.