lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexNotFoundException
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:57:21 GMT
In the release notes for 3.1.0 under Changes in backwards
compatibility policy it says

LUCENE-2386: IndexWriter no longer performs an empty commit upon new
index creation. Previously, if you passed an empty Directory and set
OpenMode to CREATE*, IndexWriter would make a first empty commit. If
you need that behavior you can call writer.commit()/close()
immediately after you create it.

Ian.