lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index size and performance degradation
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:13:44 GMT

> but you'll still cache the results - so again this isn't viable when RT
> search, or even an NRT, is a requirement

No I don't cache the results. The Filter is an OpenBitSet of all docs that
match the filter (e.g. have the specified language field's value) and it is
refreshed whenever new segments are added / old ones deleted. So I think it
actually works well w/ NRT because the 'warmup' would just update the filter
w/ the new segments. I suggest you take a look at CachingWrapperFilter to
get an idea how this works.

Shai