lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: anyway to store value as bytes?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:38:48 GMT
Does this help?
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_1/api/all/org/apache/lucene/util/IndexableBinaryStringTools.html

If not, here's a note from Ryan McKinley on another thread (googling
lucene storing binary data brought it up)...

******
You can store binary data using a binary field type -- then you need
to send the data base64 encoded.

I would strongly recommend against storing large binary files in solr
-- unless you really don't care about performance -- the file system
is a good option that springs to mind.
******

Best
Erick

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Hiller, Dean  x66079
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:
> I see the api in Lucene is new Field(String, String, Store, Index)
>
> Is there anyway to store one of the fields as byte[]?  Specifically the value I am looking
up I would like it to be byte[] instead of String.  All my other ones are String anyways.