lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating a document
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:37:28 GMT
Well, taking the code all together, what I expect is
that you'll have a document after all is done that
only has a "DocId" in it. Nowhere do you fetch
the document from the index.

What is your evidence that you haven't deleted
the document? If you haven't reopened your reader
after the above, you'll see the old view of the index,
so be sure you close/open your searcher afterwards.

Ian's suggestion is the best I think, since the code
fragments you've provided don't tell the complete
story. If there's an error in contract.getDocID(), we
can't see it to help.

It might help to review:

Best
Erick