lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Seth Rosen <s...@architexa.com>
Subject A useful resource for Lucene related questions?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:22:14 GMT
Hey guys,

I've been a big fan of Lucene and have been working with it for sometime.

While trying to use Lucene I often found myself scouring the web, javadoc,
source code, and this mailing list for answers to many of the questions I
had. I wished there was a site where I could find solutions to common
problems, main concepts, and architectural information. I wanted to try to
help here.

Some of you may have already received an e-mail about a cool project that I
have been working on. I am trying to help programmers better understand the
guts of Lucene by creating a simple site consisting of documentation
for the main ideas of Lucene. You can find it here

http://www.codemaps.org/s/Lucene_API
http://www.codemaps.org/s/Lucene_Core

I want to make this resource available to everyone, and have made the
underlying tooling free for projects like Lucene.

There has been some positive feedback for the site, but I wanted to hear
what the Lucene community thinks of CodeMaps before I focus on other
projects.

Thank You,
Seth Rosen
www.architexa.com
seth@architexa.com
Understand and Document in Seconds!

PS
You can find more information on this initiative here:
http://www.architexa.com/start/open-source