lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pranav goyal <pranavgoyal40...@gmail.com>
Subject Get all the field names
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:03:08 GMT
Hi,

I want to retrieve all the field names from my index so that I can store
them in an array to use in MutiFieldQueryParser.
One question can I do it using my index directory? If yes then a piece of
code would be really helpful as I searched out a lot but no documentation is
there on this thing.

Why I want to do it using index directory is because my indexing code and
searching codes are in a different file. So it would be better if I can
access field names using the directory.

I tried with

IndexReader ir = new IndexReader(FSDirectory.open(indexDir));

Why isn't this correct?

I am a newbie in lucene, so may be these doubts can be silly.

Thanks