lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Result
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 06:10:53 GMT
Hi Pranav,
The result would be a list of document ids, which can be used to retrieve
the document (Using an indexreader). Once you have the document, you could
fetch 'ANY' of the 'STORED' fields from the index for your purpose.
Directly, you'd not receive either the key field or any other field from the
'search' method.
Also, I'd suggest you to grab a copy of Lucene in Action 2nd Edition as it'd
help you a lot in understanding the way Lucene works/is used.

--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com