lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sowmya V.B." <>
Subject Re: Boosting a document at query time, based on a field value/range
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:38:48 GMT
Hi Erick

Thanks for the response.

I would want the documents with values within #20-30# be ranked above the
documents with some other values.
Well, since there might be a case where there are no documents in that
range, I would also prefer to have other documents listed too, somewhere
lower down the rankings.

Also, I don't want to do a simple sort on the results what lucene gives,
with its own ranking function.
I am looking for a possibility of boosting a given document at query-time,
based on the values of a particular field : instead of plainly sorting the
normal lucene results based on this field.
Is that possible, without going in to the scoring function?

I take it from this that you want documents with values #outside# 20-30
to still be found? In that case you can do something like add a clause like:

OR *field*:[20 TO 30]^10

or similar.