lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index size and performance degradation
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 03:23:33 GMT

> I'm not sure I understood the filters approach you described. Can you give
> an example?

A Language filter is one -- different users search in different languages
and want to view pages in those languages only. If you have a field attach
to your documents that identifies the language of the document, you can use
it to filter the queries to return results only of the requested language.

Another filter is file type.

Shai