lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sowmya V.B." <vbsow...@gmail.com>
Subject Boosting a document at query time, based on a field value/range
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 15:10:06 GMT
Hi All

I have joined the group only today..and began working with lucene only
recently.

My problem: I want to boost the ranking of certain documents, based on the
values of certain fields.

For example, if the field has  a range of values from 0 to 100 and the user
chooses something like 20 to 30, as an option, along with the query; I want
the documents which satisfy that condition (The field value being between 20
and 30) to get a boost during ranking.

Is there a way to do that in Lucene? I could not find an understandable
explanation in the past mails about this. Hence, starting a fresh thread.

Sowmya.

--
Sowmya V.B.
Losing optimism is blasphemy!