lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: how to do simple search paging results of 100 each? and query syntax question
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:47:32 GMT
So do you need to score the documents or can they be in arbitrary order?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Hiller, Dean  x66079
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, maybe I am using the wrong library?
>
> See the post I just sent especially on the hibernate section where in hibernate
> you can do select * from xxx where yyy and page the results(gets slower and slower
> as you go to the nth page) vs. using ScrollableResultSet in hibernate which does
> not get any slower as you move towards the nth page.
>
> I am not close to a web app search at all.  More of a noSQL environment that I need
indexing on.

> Thanks,
> Dean

method states only to call that method if you need ALL the results.  I definitely don't need
all but need to page through the

>> Results and typically exit out around the third page.  This is not a web app, so
ideally I want a reference held into the indexed tree so it can keep giving me the next 100
results.