lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lahiru Samarakoon <lahir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying Length Normalization calculation
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:32:47 GMT
HI Ian,

Thank you very much for the reply.

The application calls the *writer.addDocument(d);* method and in this
process the *lengthNorm(String fieldName, int numTerms)*  method is called.
I can extend the *DefaultSimilarity* class and override the
*lengthNorm*method, but how can I explicitly specify the
*numTerms* value?

In my application, numTerms = (Analyzed Length of the field content)  -
(app specific calculated value)

(Analyzed Length of the field content) = original numTerms value calculated
in the *computeNorm*, which is known.

Does *computeNorm* method is called for every field or is it only called for
analyzed fields?

The order we call *addDocument* and the order the *computeNorm *method is
called is the same ?

Is there is a possibility that I can access the *Document* object inside the
*Similiarity* class ?

Regards,
Lahiru