lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From harsh srivastava <harshc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting OutOfMemoryError
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:15:15 GMT
Hi Erick,

In continuation to my below mails, I have a socket based multithreaded
server that serves in average 1 request per second.
The index size is 31GB and document count is about 22 millions.
The index directories are first divided in 4 directories and then each
subdivided to 21 directories.
I share a ParallelMultiSearcher instance for all the searches without
closing the readers.
I have given the JVM 5GB of memory.

Normally server runs smooth but sometimes when there is some complex
phrase query with other fields executed, it gives below error and
hangs.
I think that there is no sorting for the query that creates below
error, please help.

 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
 heap space
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher$ExecutionHelper.next(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:278)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:139)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:53)
 Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher$ExecutionHelper.next(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:274)
        ... 6 more
 Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
 heap space
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher$ExecutionHelper.next(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:278)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:139)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher$MultiSearcherCallableWithSort.call(MultiSearcher.java:428)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher$MultiSearcherCallableWithSort.call(MultiSearcher.java:402)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
 Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
 Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
 Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
 Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
        at
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher$ExecutionHelper.next(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:274)
        ... 11 more
 Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space