lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: WordBoundTokenFilter
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:01:33 GMT
Yes, it's part of Solr. And even in Solr there was no documentation in
the API - at last when I searched for it the last time.

Regards,
Em

Am 13.06.2011 12:56, schrieb Denis Bazhenov:
> It seems so. Interestingly I can't find any mentions of WordDelimiterTokenFilter using
google. Is it part of Solr codebase?
> On 13.06.2011, at 21:49, Em wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sounds like the WordDelimiterTokenFilter from Solr, doesn't it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Em
>>
>> Am 13.06.2011 12:06, schrieb Denis Bazhenov:
>>> Some time ago I need to tune our home grown search engine based on lucene to
perform well on product searches. Product search is search where users come with part of product
name and we should find the product.

>>> The problem here is that users doesn't provide full model name. For instance
id product model name is "Sony PRS-A9000QF", users frequently search for "PRS 9000", "9000QF"
etc.

>>> The simple and straightforward solution to this problem is to tokenize model
names on the different character type boundary. So for "Sony PRS-A9000QF" we will have 5 terms:
"sony", "prs", "a", "9000" "qf". This solution could dramatically increase search sensitive
(which is not a good thing in a general search), but works well in a specialized indexes.

>>> So a developed such a token filter. My question is there any interest in this
solution for the community, and does it make sense to contribute it back?