lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Vasilev <ivasi...@sirma.bg>
Subject Bug fix to contrib/.../IndexSplitter
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:24:07 GMT
Hi Guys,

I would like to fix a class in
contrib/misc/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index called IndexSplitter. It
has a bug - when splits the segments in separate index the segment
descriptor file contains a wrong data - the number (the name) of next
segment to generate is 0. Although it can not cause exception in some
cases (depends on existing segment names and the number of newly
generated ones) in most of cases it do cases Exception.

I do not know if I would have rights to submit this fix to Lucene
contrib dir but I am attaching the fix and a test that shows the
exception when using original class and there is no exception when using
fixing class.

Cheers,
Ivan