lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clint Gilbert <clint_gilb...@hms.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Federated relevance ranking
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 23:49:41 GMT

Thank you very much for your reply.  Yeah, our indexes (indices?)
contain different types and amounts of data. :( The data being indexed
is all the same format - RDF - but it describes different numbers and
kinds of things.

What is your gut feeling on whether or not it's a good idea for us to
roll our own?  Katta is a contender, but we already have a fairly
complex system, and adding anything Hadoop-related feels like it might
push us over a tipping point into the realm of unwieldy overcomplexity.
 But, this is a hard problem after all, so some amount of complexity is
inevitable.