lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Denis Bazhenov <dot...@gmail.com>
Subject Does {Filter}ing is faster than {Query}ing in Lucene?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:20:53 GMT
While reading "Lucene in Action 2nd edition" I came across the description of Filter classes
which are could be used for result filtering in Lucene. Lucene has a lot of filters repeating
Query classes. For example, NumericRangeQuery and NumericRangeFilter.

The book says that NRF does exactly the same as NRQ but without document scoring. Does this
means that if I do not need scoring or sort documents by document field value I should preferFiltering
over Querying from performance point of view?

---
Denis Bazhenov <dotsid@gmail.com>