lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Denis Bazhenov <dot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WordBoundTokenFilter
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:56:32 GMT
It seems so. Interestingly I can't find any mentions of WordDelimiterTokenFilter using google.
Is it part of Solr codebase?
On 13.06.2011, at 21:49, Em wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sounds like the WordDelimiterTokenFilter from Solr, doesn't it?
>
> Regards,
> Em
>
> Am 13.06.2011 12:06, schrieb Denis Bazhenov:
>> Some time ago I need to tune our home grown search engine based on lucene to perform
well on product searches. Product search is search where users come with part of product name
and we should find the product.

>> The problem here is that users doesn't provide full model name. For instance id product
model name is "Sony PRS-A9000QF", users frequently search for "PRS 9000", "9000QF" etc.

>> The simple and straightforward solution to this problem is to tokenize model names
on the different character type boundary. So for "Sony PRS-A9000QF" we will have 5 terms:
"sony", "prs", "a", "9000" "qf". This solution could dramatically increase search sensitive
(which is not a good thing in a general search), but works well in a specialized indexes.

>> So a developed such a token filter. My question is there any interest in this solution
for the community, and does it make sense to contribute it back?