lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bob Rhodes <Bob.Rho...@trssllc.com>
Subject RE: questions about searching lucene 3.2
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:46:43 GMT
Yeah I agree that this is the issue. I did get my query to work using the
"ClassicAnalyzer". I guess maybe I need to upgrade my indexes which will be a
big job. Any advice here is appreciated.
I didn't have any luck passing Version.LUCENE_24 to the StandardAnalyzer.
There query still didn't work.
Also, is there any downside to just continuing with the ClassicAnalyzer?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Willnauer [mailto:simon.willnauer@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:30 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: questions about searching lucene 3.2

As far as I understand you have 2 different problems.

1. search and 2.4 index with 3.2 code using standard analyzer.
in this case you should either reindex or pass Version.LUCENE_24 to
the StandardAnalyzer ctor that should help here.

2. search a string with parentheses with the query parser
you should escape you query string with QueryParser#escape before searching.

maybe I am misssing something, let me know if thats the case.

simon