lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bob Rhodes <Bob.Rho...@trssllc.com>
Subject RE: questions about searching lucene 3.2
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:46:52 GMT
Here is a follow-up. This is a larger example of some of the text I'm
searching in my index:
The quoted name/value pairs are in the index.
"
middleName="D", zip="1111", lastName="ADAMSON", street="00 SOME ST",
addAssociates="true", state="CA", city="ROCHESTER", source="SOMESOURCE",
person_user="TESTUSER", dob="19510210", firstName="CHARLES"
"

If I use my app or Luke to search for ADAMSON I get matches when searching
the field above that contains the example text. I get the same results if I
search by the dob value 19510210 works great.
The field content is variable and when the field above only contains
phoneNumber="(904) 555-1212" there is no way for me to find this exact
number.

If I use the ClassicAnalyzer this I can use this to find my number by just
searching "(904) 501-0560" for the number.

I think this more clearly states my issue. Is the problem related to the
parens? I've tried escaping and double escaping them to no avail. Anyone
have any suggestions?

In my code I've used the standard query parser as well as the
ComplexPhraseQueryParser.

One other point to note. The indexes I'm searching were created with 2.1.4
using the StandardAnalyzer but I'm using 3.2.0 to search.

Bob