lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject Too many open files and ulimit limits reached
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:52:14 GMT
When I do a writer.open(), writer.add(), writer.close(), how many files can I expect to be
opened with Lucene.

I am running indexes on some very big data so we have 160000 writers open and I hit the limit
of 200000 on my machine so I increased it to the max of 1048576 files open, BUT that might
not be enough???  I may have to lower my cache of 160000 to be smaller so curious on how many
files open per index.

Thanks,
Dean

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.