lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: I have seen this exception on some posts around but don't see the cause/solution(RamDirectory)..
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:26:03 GMT
That was it, thanks!!!
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lea [mailto:ian.lea@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:35 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: I have seen this exception on some posts around but don't see the cause/solution(RamDirectory)..

At a guess you are trying to open a searcher on a RAMDirectory that
doesn't yet contain anything.  Files only get written when stuff is
added to an index and the writer is closed or committed.

--
Ian.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Hiller, Dean  x66079
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:
> Anyone know how to do a simple RamDirectory...I just created it but it is failing with
this...

> Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in
org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory@1d5a7f6 lockFactory=org.apache.lucene.store.SingleInstanceLockFactory@64804:
files: []
>      at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:711)
>      at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:75)
>      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:428)
>      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:288)
>      at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:107)
>      at com.broadridge.nosql.impl.base.QueryTemp2.getResultListImpl(QueryTemp2.java:82)
>      at com.broadridge.nosql.impl.base.QueryTemp2.getResultList(QueryTemp2.java:67)
>      ... 43 more
>
> Thanks,
> Dean

attachments from your system.