lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject ranged query didn't work, got exception...
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:18:36 GMT
"here you can simply go for field:[20020101 TO ] and leave the end
blank. If you want to do fast numeric searches you should use
NumericRangeQuery instead."

I tried that and got an exception...

I need to do something like String queryStr = "author:dean and date:[" + date1 + " TO ]";
so can I do a combination of NumericRangeQuery and text query and is there any example on
this?

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse 'author:dean and date:[20110622
TO ]': Encountered " "]" "] "" at line 1, column 34.
Was expecting one of:
    <RANGEIN_QUOTED> ...
    <RANGEIN_GOOP> ...

	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:211)
	at com.broadridge.papr1.test.other.PlayWithLuceneTest.runSearch(PlayWithLuceneTest.java:82)
	at com.broadridge.papr1.test.other.PlayWithLuceneTest.playWithLucene(PlayWithLuceneTest.java:59)
	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
	at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
	at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runNotIgnored(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:79)
	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:71)
	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:49)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Encountered " "]" "] "" at line 1,
column 34.
Was expecting one of:
    <RANGEIN_QUOTED> ...
    <RANGEIN_GOOP> ...

	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.generateParseException(QueryParser.java:1818)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_consume_token(QueryParser.java:1700)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Term(QueryParser.java:1455)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Clause(QueryParser.java:1309)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(QueryParser.java:1266)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.TopLevelQuery(QueryParser.java:1226)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:206)
	... 25 more