lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Please help me with a basic question...
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 18:59:21 GMT
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Doron Cohen <cdoronc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I stumbled upon the 'Explain' function yesterday though it returns a crowded
>> message using debug in SOLR admin. Is there another method or interface
>> which returns more or cleaner info?
>>

> I am not familiar with the use of Solr for this, I hope someone else will
> answer this...

Most browser's default XML display don't preserve the text
formatting... hence the explain can look messed up.
try viewing the "source" or original page (CTRL-U in firefox,
CTRL-ALT-U or CMD-ALT-U in chrome I think)... and make sure
indent=true

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=solr&debugQuery=true&indent=true

  <lst name="explain">
    <str name="SOLR1000">
0.58961654 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(text:solr in 1), product of:
   1.4142135 = tf(termFreq(text:solr)=2)
   3.3353748 = idf(docFreq=2, maxDocs=31)
   0.125 = fieldNorm(field=text, doc=1)
</str>
  </lst>

If email doesn't mess this up somewhere, you should see a properly
indented block of "explain" text.

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco