lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.3 in Eclipse
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 11:58:49 GMT
bq: Just curious. How would this version be published if there are
missing jar and there are compiling errors?

Well, the fact that it has been published probably means that you've
missed a step somewhere. There'd have been howls of outrage if
something as egregious as this were the case....

That said, Eclipse (and any other IDE) is not the standard for
publishing. That is the app is not built in Eclipse for release. Have
you had any trouble, for instance, running the product of "ant
example"? Or any of the other ant targets?

I haven't used the Eclipse build target, but the Idea target is
stunningly simple, and I'd guess the same careful work has been done
for Eclipse. So here's what I'd suggest:

Can you check out the code again in a fresh directory and run the
eclipse target, then try bringing up Eclipse according to the
instructions? I suspect that in your attempts to get it to all work
piecemeal something got a little strange and now untangling that would
be more work than starting over. Just a suggestion, but I've spent far
too much of my life messing myself up by throwing levers in an IDE to
relish untangling anything....

lucene\contrib\queryparser\src\java\org\apache\lucene\queryParser\standard\parser
contains StandardSyntaxParser.java, which I found by just doing a "dir
/s" in my 3.1 checkout, so you might look there for 3.0.3

Best
Erick