lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Querying Lucene property for exact value
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 12:49:32 GMT
I'm a bit confused by this:
***********
 With my query, I
would like to only return 'patrol' items and nothing else.  Is there a way
to do this??  My current querying code is below. This returns all items with
'patrol' in it.

**************************
Are you saying that if you're searching on "patrol", you'd like to get
back only doc 1  below?
1> 'patrol',
2> 'unit patrol',
3> 'police patrol'

If so, you'll need to index the field as single terms, what analyzer are
you using?

Warning: I'm Compass-naive, so....

Best
Erick