lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Solr's (Auto)suggest with plain lucene
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 09:30:14 GMT
So you'd like case-sensitive lookup, not case-insensitive lookup. FSTLookup
just takes characters from the input and does not perform any normalization.
So, if you feed it terms with casing, you'll get (cased) suggestions back.
If you need cased suggestions, but provide normalized (lowercased) prefixes
you'll get nothing, although such a feature would be relatively easy to
implement based on the automaton code currently in the SVN.

Dawid