lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I sort lucene search results by relevance and time?
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 10:31:51 GMT
Well, you can use one of the sorting search methods and pass multiple
sort keys including relevance and a timestamp.  But I suspect the
Google algorithm may be a bit more complex than that.

One technique is boosting: set an index time document boost on recent
documents.  Of course what is recent today may not be next week.
There are other, more complex ways of customizing lucene scoring.  A
Google search for something like "customized lucene scoring" will find
lots of info, some recent, some older, but probably all relevant one
way or another.

--
Ian.