lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do we reverse sort on the docid ?
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 12:01:19 GMT
Why do you want to do this? the internal doc ids are
transient. If you update a document by delete/add, the
internal id will now be different. What I'm getting at is
that I'd like to be sure the use case here does what
you think it will because this smells like an XY problem,
see:
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

Best
Erick