lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Gokhale <saurabhgokh...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on boosting result while searching
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 19:30:04 GMT
Hi All,

Can some one pls direct me on how to boost the result when specific keywords
are found while searching the document?

example:
1. While indexing the documents A, B and C, I do not boost any of these
documents. (Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED) and setBoost(1.0)

2. Now I read document D using MoreLikeThis and compare the keywords of this
document against by index comprise of A, B and C documents.

3. Once I read document D, I would like to boost the result if document D
has any special words (keywords) that I define.

Is there a way in MoreLikeThis or using any other query to boost the results
if any specific keywords are found while searching?

Thanks

Saurabh