lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Higher scoring if term is at the beginning of a field/document
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 12:35:14 GMT
I didn't ask a clear question. *Why* do you want to do this?
What is the use-case you're trying to solve? Is relevance
not what you want? Are you just experimenting?

The statement of *what* you want to do is clear, but I don't know
an easy to do that. Perhaps there's a better approach to solving
the underlying need.

Best
Erick