lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "bmdakshinamurthy@gmail.com" <bmdakshinamur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which analyzer for exact matchs
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 10:23:59 GMT
I am not very sure about a language specific analyzer. French language has
words seperated by an apostrophe. The standard analyzer does not tokenize
words on an apostrophe. Then there is the case of accented letters. It
depends on how you want to handle these. Are you going to store them as is
or convert them to their acsii equivalents? May be somebody else could throw
some light on this.