lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Higher scoring if term is at the beginning of a field/document
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:38:07 GMT

Besides my "real index" (which is being analyzed through a ShingleAnalyzerWrapper) I implicitly/transparently
build up a "search term index" which I populate with the terms (being shingles) of my "real
index". The "search term index" is being used to provide search term suggestions when the
user types in a search term. E.g.
if a user types:
"moo"
then I'd expect the following order of search term suggestions:
"moon"
"The moon..."
"This is a moon"

So are these lucene documents? Are you contructing shingles outside of the lucene and index
them? And issuing a PrefixQuery moo*?