lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Wulf Berschin <bersc...@dosco.de>
Subject PDF Highlighting using PDF Highlight File
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 10:32:59 GMT
Hi all,

in our Lucene 3.0.3-based web application when a user clicks on a hit
link the targeted PDF should be opened in the browser with highlighted hits.

For this purpose using the Acrobat Highlight File (Parameter xml, see
http://www.pdfbox.org/userguide/highlighting.html and
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/pdf/HighlightFileFormat.pdf)
seems most reasonable to me.

Since the position to highlight are given by (page and) character
offsets and Lucene uses offsets as well I think it could be easy (for
more Lucene-skilled people than me) to create an Highlighter which
produces this highlight file.

Does such a Highlighter already exists in the Lucene World?

If not could someone please point me the direction (e.g. where to hook
into the existing (fast vector?) highlighter just to extract the offsets).

BTW: Luke gyve me the impression that Term Vectors are only stored when
the field content is sored as well. Is that true?

Wulf